Search This Blog

Monday 21 January 2013

Sketchbook Feature - Dile wants to go to art-center!

Phoenicorn back with another featured sketchbook. At ArtFreck we are determined to showcase some of the best art work from around the web. Today we feature Dile's sketchbook.

Sketchbook Name:  Dile wants to go to art-center!
Artist: Dile
Link: http://cghub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7872&page=2






Whilst some of his images are missing from his sketchbook, it is still worth a visit. Dile has a fantastic grasp of both colour ant texture. There is a great variety of media here from full renders, to 3D models, to youtube videos this is a fantastic sketchbook to visit for inspiration.




I spend a lot of time trawling the web for sketchbooks to feature but I very rarely come across 3D models. The image above got me excited because of the presentation. The white section is used very cleverly to give both a sense of scale and depth. I would love to see more artists post this kind of thing on the web.

Dile's sketches look fantastic. The image below is a great example of his proficiency in perspective. Lines and shading are solid, easy to read and a joy to behold.






Dile has some extremely impressive environment pieces. The skill shown in the image above showcases his professional attitude to whatever subject Dile is given. I love the presentation of all the images, they really work as a set.

The image bellow is my personal favourite. The little girl stands out and really grabs your attention. The use of the rule of thirds is also masterfully done. I could look at this all day and not get board. If there is one complaint I have it would be I feel this would work well as a series of 3. I would love to see the workings of this image.




The only critique I have about this sketchbook is I feel he needs to work on a book of his own. I would snap something like this up in a heart beat. Also I would love to see more videos. Dile is an extremely talented artist so if he was to produce 1 time laps video per month I am certain that he would get a big youtube following. Speaking of youtube be sure to subscribe to his channel right here.



Want to keep up to date with ArtFreck?
Follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment